REGULATIONS LA POTA-ROJA CERVELLÓ 2022
1. The City Council of Cervelló in collaboration with Wefeel Events organises on Sunday 13th November 2022 the 6th edition of La Pota-Roja, with start from Carrer Major, in front of the Ceraqua Complex, and finishing at the same point.
2. The race has different distances:
– Trail of 8k, 14k, 24k and 42k (ITRA 2 points and Mountain 4 points).
– MTB of 20k and 35k
3. The itinerary will be duly signposted (with marking tape) and authorised. The organisation may modify the route for reasons beyond its control and/or force majeure.
4. There will be refreshment points. The trail will have 6 refreshment points on the 42k, 3 on the 24k, 2 on the 14km and 1 on the 8km distance. On the long MTB race there will be 2 provisioning points and one on the short MTB race.
5. The maximum time to finish the race is 3h for the 8k and 14km Trail, 4h for the 24km trail and 7,5h for the 42km trail. For the MTB it is 4h.
6. Those registered will be able to collect the runner’s bag and the race bib, at the times established by the organisation in the corresponding section of the website. You must present your ID card, or show a photocopy of it in the case of collecting a bib of another registered person.
7. The prizes are indicated in the corresponding section. Trophies or prizes that are not collected on the day of the race will not be sent to the winners at a later date.
8. The race is open to federated and non-federated runners regardless of their nationality. The minimum age for participation in each race is as follows:
– Trail 14km, 24km and 42km and MTB 35km: over 16 years old.
– Trail 8km and MTB 20km: over 12 years old.
Children under the age of 18 need authorisation from their parents or legal tutors in order to participate in any of the races. The organisation does not contemplate any category for minors.
9. Compliance with the circuit is always subject to the approved remodelling of the public roads, which may cause small last minute changes, unavoidable on the day of the race.
10. The organisation has a civil responsibility insurance policy in accordance with the current legislation. All participants will have an accident insurance contracted by the organisation. This insurance will cover the following points:
- Unlimited medical assistance for sport accidents in Spanish territory.
- Disability up to 12.000€ for sport accidents.
- Death due to sport accident up to 6.000€.
The notification of the sport accident must be on the same day as the sport event. The coverage of medical or medical-surgical assistance will only be in the health care centres agreed by the insurance company.
11. Registration for any modality of the race is personal and non-transferable and will close when the 1,500 registered participants are reached or on the Thursday prior to the race at 23:59h. In case there are still places left, those interested will be able to register on the day of the race during the bib pick-up times. The registration fee will be subject to a surcharge. Registration will only be valid once payment has been made.
12. The race will be timed by chip. IT IS MANDATORY TO RUN WITH THE CHIP which will be delivered to you. It will be the only valid chip to run this race.
13. By registering for the race, participants give their consent for EMP Sport Events SLU, by itself or through third parties, to automatically process their personal data for exclusively sporting, promotional or commercial purposes. To renounce to this transfer, the participant must express it in the registration form at the time of registration. In accordance with the provisions of Law 3/2018 of 5 December, on the Protection of Personal Data and the guarantee of digital rights, the participant has the right to access these files in order to rectify or cancel all or part of their content. To do so, he/she must request it in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, in the interests of sport, promotion and exploitation (reproduction of photos of the circuit, broadcasting of videos, publication of rankings, etc.) by means of any device (television, internet, graphic advertising, etc.) and without time limit, participants expressly grant the organisation the right to reproduce their name and surname, the place obtained in the ranking, their photos and videos.
14. The organization is not responsible for any physical, moral and / or material damage that may affect the participants and / or spectators during the race, although it will take care to avoid them.
15. The participant undertakes the race at his/her own risk. He/she also declares that he/she is in optimum physical condition for the development of the race and that he/she does not suffer from any illness that could endanger his/her physical integrity. The participant acknowledges that he/she has been informed by the organisation of all the characteristics of the activity (physical, psychological, material, place, etc.) and performs it in full knowledge of them, and also acknowledges that the activity may involve a high physical requirement and may have unpredictable consequences for health.
16. The participant exempts, in any case, the organisation from claims or demands for accidents or illnesses that may be contracted or aggravated during the event, for actions or omissions for personal or material damage, and, without limitation, for theft, robbery or deterioration of material that may occur by their own acts, by other participants, or even during the development of the activity.
17. Bicycles or motorised vehicles that do not belong to the organisation are prohibited during the race. Traffic control along the route is the responsibility of the Cervelló Local Police and Civil Protection.
18. It is absolutely PROHIBITED to throw waste along the route, it will be a reason for disqualification.
19. In no case will the registration fee be refunded, unless the race is suspended by decision of the organization, for reasons attributable to the same and / or for reasons related to the Coronavirus pandemic. In the case of extraordinary weather conditions or force majeure not attributable to the organisation and which make it impossible to hold the race, the organisation will not assume any responsibility and will not make any refund of the registration fee.
20. By the mere fact of registering for one of the distances of the race, the totality of these regulations is accepted. Anything that is not foreseen will be subject to the decision of the organisers.